E5 Processor Family
The Intel Xeon Processor E5 family is built to perform for today’s data centers and enable powerful, versatile, local and private cloud solutions.
Servers with Rock Solid Reliability
Intel® Server products are completely customisable and offer the best in class design and uncompromising quality standards. Extensive testing and validation means you can trust them to perform. They have:
- Rock Solid Reliability
- Best in Class Design
- Manufacturing Rigor
- Lifecycle Management
- Testing & Certification
Expand your Possibilities
Intel’s server range offers a flexible intelligent modular design and provides for over 100 unique SKU combinations from a single motherboard. Expand your possibilities with these brilliantly powerful and versatile server products.
Bring more performance, efficiency and versatility to your data center with next-generation PowerEdge servers, powered by the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600/1600 Product Family. Designed to deliver the best combination of performance, built-in capabilities and cost-effectiveness, the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600/1600 product family can help you streamline operations, eliminate data bottlenecks and increase your business agility.
Foundation for Trust and Security
Data protection and data center security is critical to all organizations. Intel’s hardware-enhanced security technologies on the Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v4 product family better protect data and platforms through workload isolation, security policy enforcement, and faster data encryption.
- Up to 2X faster encryption and decryption – Intel® Data Protection Technology with Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) accelerates data encryption and decryption up to 2X faster than previous generation Intel Xeon Processor E5 family. With many workloads, Intel AES-NI encryption and decryption is practically transparent to system resources. Combined with Intel Data Protection technology with Intel® Secure Key random number generation, Intel Xeon Processor E5 v3 family provides even stronger data protection.
- Strong protection against platform attacks – Intel® Platform Protection Technology with Intel® OS Guard and BIOS Guard traps external calls trying to hijack System Management Mode (SMM) code in the OS, and provides workstation BIOS protection during FLASH updates via protected agent authentication.
Intel® Platform Protection Technology – with Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT) helps protect platform firmware and the OS kernel from pre-boot attacks. TXT now supports Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM 2.0) with stronger cryptographic capabilities.
Innovation that Streamlines the Data Center
With the growth of private and hybrid clouds in the enterprise and with increasing demand for services, IT seeks higher efficiencies in orchestration, data center management, and virtualization on a path toward a Software-Defined Infrastructure (SDI). The Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3 family brings several innovations, such as Intel® Node Manager 3.0 to help IT deliver greater levels of efficiency, while responding faster to business needs. Other key innovations that will have significant impact on streamlining data centers and extending efficiency and performance include DDR4 and Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710 Series.
- Up to 1.4X higher memory bandwidth9 – DDR4 next generation memory technology improves platform performance on memory intensive workloads with up to 1.4X higher bandwidth versus previous-generation platforms. Adopting DDR4 enables solutions to meet data center energy efficiency requirements.
- Enhanced data center orchestration and platform telemetry – Intel Node Manager 3.0 can provide real-time telemetry data on server power, thermal, and utilization. IT may utilize this data to implement policies that can help improve data center efficiency and power utilization, which are key components of orchestration and a highly efficient data center.
- Infrastructure utilization – Cache monitoring allows real-time, high-confidence measurements of LLC usage, providing control of workload placement and load balancing across shared infrastructure in the virtualized environment.
- Low I/O latency – Intel® Data Directed I/O enhancements allow targeting the LLC for I/O traffic and controlling the LLC way assignment to specific cores, without hitting the memory first. These result in high LLC performance and low I/O latency.
Data Center Extended Ingredients
With increasing demands on IT to support a broader range of workloads and address emerging constraints in the data center, Intel continues to develop products that focus on providing greater performance and flexibility in the infrastructure. These data center ingredients include the following:
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor – Based on Intel® Many Integrated Core (Intel® MIC) architecture, the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor delivers leading performance for highly parallel workloads.
- The Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710 Series – Delivers proven 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for the platform, extending Intel® Virtualization technologies beyond server virtualization to network virtualization.
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for PCIe* – Built on the NVMe* specification, the comprehensive product family of 2.5-inch and Add-In-Card form-factors delivers breakthrough performance, optimized for real-world applications.
- Storage Related Software – Intel® Cache Acceleration Software (Intel® CAS) is server software that caches the most active data on SSDs, providing application acceleration at low cost. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (Intel® RSTe) is software that provides easy-to-use, enterprise-class data protection.
- Intel® Communication Chipset Series 8900 – Highlights Intel® QuickAssist Technology and delivers hardware, encryption, compression, and acceleration for networking and storage workloads.
- Intel Data Center Software – Intel Data Center Manager (Intel® DCM) and other Intel software give IT a broad set of data center tools to help stay competitive and take advantage of Intel hardware.
|Intel E5 Xeon 2600 Specifications|
|CPU Frequency GHz||2.3||2.3||2.6|
|Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology||*|
|Intel HT Technology||*|
|LLC Cache (MB)||45||40||35|
|# of Cores||18||16||14|
|Intel QPI Link Speed GT/s||9.6|